Visitors have several choices, depending on their preferences.
If you choose to relax, rest and chill out, this comfortable country house is the ideal place. And if you do not want to cook, there is a restaurant right next to the house where the owners serve seasonal dishes with home-grown fruit and vegetables and wine from their own vineyards – good fresh products that vary according to the time of year.
If you want to be active, you won’t have time to get bored:
There is an outdoor sports facility next to the house where children and adults can practice sports for free (tennis, basketball, handball, football, etc.). There are also numerous hiking or bicycling trails through the surrounding countryside that go up and down mountains and along the river. Following are some suggestions:
A) Half-day outings:
- "Arroyo del Alcázar” route and its waterfall (Cónchar).
- “Del Rio" route.
- “La Atalaya de Cónchar” route (tower from the Nazarí period).
- Hike up the “Cerro de la Cruz”.
- "Río de los Arcos" route.
B) One-day outings:
The country house is the perfect place for guests to combine rest and relaxation with visits to nearby historical and natural sites of extraordinary beauty:
- La Alhambra and El Generalife.
- Skiing in Sierra Nevada.
- La Alpujarra and the Natural Park of Sierra Nevada.
- Golfing (three golf courses less than 30 minutes away).
- Horseback riding.
- Beaches on the Costa Tropical (Salobreña, Almuñécar and La Herradura).
C) The village festivals on the following dates:
- January 1: “Rifa de Ánimas”. A popular auction dating back centuries.
- January 6: Mosto festival (free tasting of wine and “remojón”).
- August 15-17: Patron Saint festivals in honor of Saint Roch.
- Visit to the Parochial Church of St. Peter, built in the 17th century by architect Ambrosio de Vico. This church has a brick and stone Mudejar façade and valuable religious works of arts inside, including a crucifix by the prestigious Granada school.
Of course the three options described above can be combined, depending on personal preferences and dates.